Door Repairs on uPVC Doors – Alumnium Doors – Timber Doors
All our work connected with door repairs and refurbishment fall into one or both of the following categories.
- LOCK REPLACEMENT OR A SECURITY UPGRADE
- FAULTY OR BROKEN DOOR PART OR PARTS
We deal with virtually all types of doors in UPVC, Aluminium or Timber, these are
- Casement or Residential doors
- Stable Doors
- French Doors
- In-line Patio Doors
- Tilt & Slide Patio doors
- Bi-Fold Doors
LOCK REPLACEMENT OR A SECURITY UPGRADE
There maybe number of reasons why you would want to change your door locks:-
- You have lost your keys
- You are locked out and the door lock has to be destroyed to gain entry
- You have just moved home or office
- You believe someone has a set of keys who are unauthorised to have them
- The door lock is broken or faulty
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & ADVICE CALL 0800 567 7419
FAULTY OR BROKEN DOOR PART OR PARTS
We carry out all types of repair or replacement work to UPVC doors.
- Replace faulty glass double glazed units
- Repair or replace faulty or broken euro cylinders
- Repair or replace faulty or broken multi-point locking mechanisms
- Repair or replace faulty or broken butt or flag hinges
- Repair or replace faulty or broken handles (in all colours)
- Re-Align doors by re-towing & re-heeling them
- Repair scratched or damaged UPVC frames in white, Woodgrain or Light Oak
- Repair or replace faulty gaskets, eliminating draughts.
- Supply & install new letteplates (all colours)
- Supply & install new door knockers
- Supply & Install new dog or cat flaps
- Supply & install new door panels
- Repair or replace tracks & rollers to In-Line Patio Doors
- Repair or replace gearing mechanisms and bogeys to Tilt & Slide Patio Doors
PLEASE CALL 0800 567 7419 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
As with UPVC Doors we can in most cases carry out the same level of repairs. However, generally speaking aluminium door installations are older than UPVC installations. This coupled with some of the methods of manufacture, such as the door being made around the glass can be time consuming when a repair is needed.
Also depending whether the door has an anodized silver finish and has oxidized or a powder coated finish can affect the time taken to clean or restore the frame. Older aluminium windows were installed into timber sub-frames, we do not carry out remedial work to timber.
FOR FURTHER ADVICE CALL US FREE ON 0800 567 7419
WOODEN OR TIMBER DOORS
In general the only remedial work we carry out to timber doors is to repair or change the locking mechanism.
The main two types of lock associated with these doors are:
- Cylinder rim locks
- Mortice locks
Cylinder rim locks are commonly known as Yale locks. There are two ways in which this type of lock can be replaced or repaired. If you have lost your keys or it is only the cylinder which is set in the lock housing is damaged but the main lock housing is working we will change this part only and provide new keys, which is a cheaper alternative to replacing the complete lock. If the lock housing is broken or damaged we will endeavour to repair it, if this is not possible we will replace the entire lock including the cylinder.
Mortice locks come in various types and are recognised by the amount of locking levers within the lock. Insurance companies insist on a five lever mortice lock conforming to BS 3621 When replacing mortice locks we would always advise to have a BS approved five lever lock fitted.